Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 32 & 33- Drywall !!!!!!!

It arrived. They had to Boom it up through my 2nd story window b/c of the 90degree angled stairs. I asked if they would come back and move my furniture in for me the same way...they just kinda laughed so I am thinking that was a no? ;)

Here is a pic of the window they removed as well as my side door that was taken out...starting to look pretty ghetto if you ask me.

So while bringing you up to speed I also wanted to remind you of the "before" pics. Drywall and finishing took about a week and a half total from start to finish. So I will spend the week walking you through each of the different spaces.
First was the kitchen, as you see below with the original side door and wall immediately to the right. There was no place for a fridge...guess they had ice boxes in 1938?

Here is the new space. I only moved the wall over about 24" and put in a header but with the door gone it makes my kitchen feel soooo much bigger! I also decided that maybe I wanted a fridge in my kitchen? So I moved the stove over to my new wall and put the fridge where their stove use to be. And for those who are wondering, yes the cabinets are staying. I am going to paint them and add on. They are very simple and I think once I change the hardware they will look pretty sweet.

No comments: