Monday, April 19, 2010

Renovation Day 13- A 3 story Waterfall

Ok, so as I had mentioned before I was having water leaking issues. Essentially my water valve that shuts off the water to the house does not close all the way and even though this valve is on Indianapolis Waters side of the meter it is my responsibility (of course!). So essentially something always wants to leak because of the flow. I had turned on the outside spicket but there was still a constant little flow so I turned it off thinking it would be fine....N.O. no. I got there Wednesday morning and the 2nd floor bathroom which had already been gutted leaked water out of the sink valves all night which meant that when I walked in and heard dripping I went to the bathroom on the first floor to find something that looked like this:
(I have tried to simulate water dripping from the floor above...but at least it wasn't really black). It was a mess and had started to leak out onto my hardwood floor in the hallway and down into the basement through the old shower location. It also ruined the subfloor in the upstairs bathroom (which was questionable anyway). It could have been alot worse. I only stopped by quickly to unlock the house for a sub contractor or else it would have been another 3 hours before I had gotten there.
So needless to say, I called IW and had them turn the water off at the street until we are done with plumbing...and didn't accomplish much else this day...except for finding another hidden gem:
It is actually more fun than the old sign one that was on top of it and honestly if it was in good shape I would have left it just because it is soooo vintage.

No comments: