Monday, March 25, 2013

The Dining Room- Part 2

So as you will see later I finished out a space on the upper level that was previously an attic so in order to heat the space I needed to run a new duct up to that room.  Since this Dining Room was was already in repair due to the corner it seemed like the perfect location.  The wall got a little "fat" but no one is the wiser when you are standing in the space.  Plus this allowed me to add some extra insulation to an exterior portion of the wall.  Then of course came drywall and plaster repair and then floating all the wall with a TON of drywall mud to make them pretty and not show all the wallpaper that would not come off the wall in certain locations.  I thought about adding a gorgeous large scale wallcovering to this room (and if I would have had the money I probably would have) but instead I went with this gorgeous dark grey-green.  Looks a little funny with the blue corner curio but we will fix that later!
So after the sanding down this is the gorgeous original wood that was under the ceramic, under the plywood, and under the glue my mom scraped off.  We had to fill in the wood floor where the cabinet was removed but luckily we stole some of the flooring from where the Kitchen was expanded into an old bedroom.  I picked a slightly darker stain than the original hardwood but luckily not too dark that it shows every single thing.

Above are views from both sides of the room with the wood floors drying.  Unless you know to look for it you cannot see the wood that was filled in, my carpenters did a great job!

Here is a before and after picture looking into the Living Room.  Much better right?  
I am going to do one more post focusing on the Corner Curio  (remember the country blue one  in the  sanded wood floor picture above?).  It is probably my favorite original piece in the house and totally deserves its own blog!  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

john m said...

what a awesome job! if i need a remodel done, i will be sure to call you! great job!

Unknown said...

thanks!!