Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's OFFICIALLY mine

Well, I got the house on Thursday! I put the offer in on December 14th, so needless to say it has been a process!
Buying a house by yourself is probably the scariest thing in the world I do have to say. My parents actually ended up having to co-sign because I am self-employed and the banks are crazy weird now, but they were out of town on Thursday so I went to closing by myself with a Power of Attorney...which I assumed meant that that covered their signatures....wrong. What it did mean was that I now had the right to sign for them, which essentially meant that out of the 100 pages of house closing documents you have to sign- I got to sign them with 5 signatures. My signature, my dads signature (followed by mine), my moms signature (followed by mine), and then "attorney in fact" after each of those!! It was kinda insane, time consuming and hand cramping. BUT it is officially mine! Whooooohooooooo!
So not much else happened on Thursday, I went and opened up the house windows since it hadn't breathed for awhile and then went and picked up the kids and we came back and ate large ice cream cones on the front porch. We also got to meet a few of our new neighbors and I think they were not only glad that the house was finally going to be fixed up but also because we were so cool...hahaha. I am also thinking that Lucas running circles in the front yard from his ice cream sugar high might have scared off the other neighbors from venturing over....hmmmm.

No comments: