Sunday, April 4, 2010

Demolition DAY 1- Where do I start?

Friday (Good Friday to be exact), I started the demolition. I am trying to do alot of the demo in order to not only save myself some money, but also to get my hands dirty. Swinging a sledge hammer and prying off wood panels with a crow bar can be a great stress reliever! I am also hoping for it to be a calorie burner!
So one of the first things to go was the Carport. It was in very bad shape and needed to be replaced. Both my girlfriend and I wanted to take a sledge hammer to it, but the professionals came in for that job.




I did have a helper on Day 1. She may only be an 18 year old 90 pounder...but that girl can swing a sledge hammer! And I know what you are thinking- "I hope it wasn't all work and no play that day". Oh no worries there- Prom dress shopping came after the demolition! And only the people who hang out with me could use the following sentence to describe their day; "Well this morning I researched a sociology paper, then after lunch I stripped wall paper and tore down a wall with a sledge hammer, then I found the most beautiful prom dress for the best deal ever, went to a very moving Funeral for Jesus and ended the day on a swingset!" It's all true.




We stripped the wallpaper and border off the walls, tore down the wood cabinet between dining room and living room and the carpet out of my future bedroom got torn up as well! It was a good day!
My only question: Why would they staple carpet pad to such beautiful wood??? Madness.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I love it all so much already! It should be a crime to cover up those floors with that dingy carpet!! Thank goodness you are there now!