Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Demolition Day 3- All Muscles

Well it was Easter Sunday so I did take it kinda easy. Plus the muscles were starting to ache a bit...which is a good thing. I ripped this nasty-asty carpet off the cool stairs to the second floor. I am pretty sure it was put down in 1960 because of the type of carpet pad underneath it and I am guessing it had not been vaccumed in the last 10 years. At least someone hadn't locked their dog up there though like the carpet in my bedroom I removed. YUCK!
So...what do you think of the fabulous wallpaper? It is definitely vintage. I thought it was original but I discovered another pattern underneath that is even better- I will try and rip off a piece to show you.
I also had some visitors stop by for a tour and sledge hammer swing (That invitation is open to all so if you are in the area please let me know!). My bff Steph was driving through town on her way home from Tennesse where her brother and sister are starting a church plant (very cool), and decided to stop by and see the new digs! So of course I put them to work!
I think the sledge hammer weighs as much as Steph but she handled it well ...but I am not sure OSHA would approve of the flip flops or underage worker! Ha!


It was off to hide some eggs after that...but check out what I did the next day! Whooohoo!

2 comments:

Tam said...

Wow! I love the blog! Your house is as cute as a button! You are a brave one! Kudos to you!

Unknown said...

That is some nasty carpet!