Monday, April 5, 2010

Demolition Day 2- Destruction

Day 2- Well it was the Saturday before Easter and I didn't want to dig into anyone else's plans for Easter weekend so I was on my own...but actually got alot accomplished!! The rest of the wood cabinet and paneling came down on the dining room side. See the pictures before and after below- it is a HUGE difference in opening up the house from the Kitchen all the way through. Now I will be able to see the kids jumping on the couch while I am making dinner!
BEFORE:

MIDWAY: AFTER: Soooo much brighter without the dark paneling! Next in this room I will be sledge hammering the tile floor. There is actually wood flooring underneath but I am not sure how they installed the sub floor so stay tuned for that!!

The next thing I tackled was the main floor bathroom, it had been somewhat updated with fake tile paneling vs. the original tile so I just pryed and peeled it all away and started demo of the shower. My plumber doesn't come until Thursday so I just tore off what I could.


1 comment:

designHER Momma said...

Melinda - I am so proud of you, and I think I need to swing a sledge hammer soon. (or strip some paper, or pull some paneling or flooring). Just let me know what the renovation de journo is and I'm there (assuming it's past 5pm or on the weekend of course)!