Thursday, April 15, 2010

Demolition Day 11- A Watering Hole

Well Monday there was now an official hole in the house because they took the rotted corner out which was caused by water damage from the gutter (if you have been following along). It was funny to see someone just walk out of my house...through the front wall vs. the door. But it all got sealed up and looks very sturdy now. I will have to grab a new picture of that!
Also, when Lisa and I walked in on Saturday we could hear dripping water. We went down to the dungeon (aka: basement) and found out the old utility sink location was dripping...weird the water to the house is turned off. So I got a wrench and turned it off. Monday morning when I came back the old shower in the basement was leaking so I turned that off. Then Tuesday the other faucet at the utility sink started running. I got that turn and then the shower head on the first floor, then the bathroom faucet, then the kitchen sink faucet...and so forth. My HVAC guy showed up and told me to turn the spicket on outside and that way it would empty the system of any water still in it. So I did that and at 8:30 last night I turned the spicket off because I thought the water had to be drained out by then even though it was still dripping. You will have to read Day 13 to hear the rest...but first I will have to write it.

No comments: